Thank you for presenting at the ISAKOS 2023 Congress!
This page is designed to prepare you for your presentation at Congress.
Please visit the page regularly for updates on technical requirements, deadlines, and general information.
Who are these guidelines for?
- Faculty making presentations in the Congress Scientific Program
- Authors of papers who have been selected for podium presentations
The scientific program and podium paper presentations can be viewed on the Congress Interactive Agenda.
As Faculty or a Scientific Paper Presenter, you will need to:
- Deliver your lecture or paper presentation at Congress in person.
- Register to attend Congress.
- Submit short biography and photograph (headshot) for the interactive program.
Submitting a photo and short biography is not mandatory, however, it will allow the Congress attendees to get acquainted with your professional
background before attending your session. The upload of this information is completed online in myCongress.
- If appropriate for your session type and role, upload your PowerPoint presentation onsite during Congress in the Speaker Ready Room 313.
PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines
- The first slide of your presentation should be your presentation title, name, credentials, institution, and country.
- The next slide should be the Disclosures slide. You can simply list the conflicts on the second slide or write “Nothing to Disclose”.
Note: You need to address the disclosure at the beginning of your presentation for at least 30 seconds to allow enough time for the
audience to review and digest the information.
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
- If you include video clips with PowerPoint, the videos must be embedded as an MP4.
- If you wish to use a branded slide tempate, Download the ISAKOS 2023 Congress PowerPoint Slide Template for your presentation.
Presentation Slides Onsite Upload
- Please bring your slides to the Speaker Ready Room 313 on a USB stick. Audio-visual technicians will be available to assist you.
- Plan to upload your presentation slides in the Speaker Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the venue and at least 2 hours before the start of the session.
- If you are presenting at a 07:00 session, you will need to bring your presentation to the Speaker Ready Room the day prior.
- Only Congress supplied computers will be used in scientific sessions and podium paper presentations. Congress cannot support the use of personal computers. Presentations will be pre-loaded by the AV technician.
- If you include video clips in your PowerPoint presentation, be sure to test it with the technician in the Speaker Ready Room at least 2 hours before the start of the session or as soon as you arrive at the venue. Please check with the technician to ensure that the sound and picture from the video are transmitted well.
Speaker Ready Room Hours
Saturday, June 17
11:30 - 17:00
Sunday, June 18
06:30 - 17:00
Monday, June 19
07:00 - 17:30
Tuesday, June 20
07:00 - 17:30
Wednesday, June 21
07:00 - 17:30
Presentation Layout and Ratio
- Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
- Ratio: Please note that the Congress computers are supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the
screens is widescreen 16:9. To change the ratio to 16:9 in PowerPoint in order to avoid misplacement of text and pictures, choose
the DESIGN tab on the PPT toolbar ribbon, select SLIDE SIZE at the far right side of the toolbar, and choose WIDESCREEN (16:9).
Important Instructions for Mac Users
To use Mac presentations on a PC compatible computer, you must prepare your presentation according to the instructions below, before taking it to the Speaker Ready Room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana, etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG files. The following file types will NOT be visible on a PowerPoint based PC – TIF, PNG or PICT.
To promote your participation at the 2023 ISAKOS Congress, please refer to our Media Tool Kit page.
In addition to the official Congress PowerPoint template for your presentation, you will also find Congress social media images and more.
In-Person Scientific Poster Instructions
We are delighted that your In-Person Poster will be included in the Congress Display this year.
We have added this new feature to Congress to facilitate more conversation between
The poster display will be located in the rear of the Exhibit Hall, Hall D on Level 2 in the Hynes
Convention Center. Each poster will be on display for two days. We encourage you to stand by
your poster during the midday exhibit hours to visit with other participants.
- Poster Format: In-Person Posters should be 48 inches wide x 36 inches high (121.92 cm wide by 91.44 cm high).
- Poster Presenter Contact informa1on: The Presenter's full name and Abstract number
should be placed on the back side of the poster on the upper left corner.
- Poster Setup: Your poster should be set up the first morning of your display dates andremoved by the end of the second day.
Convenient Onsite Poster Printing Services
Your poster can be printed at the FedEx Office Print & Ship Center located in the Sheraton
Boston Hotel, adjacent to the Hynes Convention Center.
Poster files must be submi?ed online by June 12th for pick-up at the FedEx Office by June 17th.
FedEx Office Print & Ship Center at the Sheraton Boston Hotel
39 Dalton St
Boston, Massachusetts, 02199 USA
For questions call (617) 587-5444 or USA5036@FEDEX.COM
Submit poster files online at: https://local.fedex.com/en-us/ma/boston/office-5036