Contribute to the overall education and research activities of ISAKOS as required and requested.
Body of Work: This committee will focus on basic science and pathology of the shoulder as related to sports medicine and joint preservation.
Chair, Deputy Chair(s), up to 15 members, staff liaison
Augustus D. Mazzocca, MS, MD
Emilio Calvo, MD, PhD, MBA
Deputy Chair, 2019-2023
Giovanni Di Giacomo, MD
Deputy Chair, 2021-2023
Guillermo Arce, MD ARGENTINA
Clara Azevedo, MD PORTUGAL
Knut Beitzel, Prof. GERMANY
Jiwu Chen, MD, PhD CHINA
Benno Ejnisman, MD BRAZIL
Francesco Franceschi, MD, PhD ITALY
Michael T. Freehill, MD, FAOA, FAAOS UNITED STATES
Eiji Itoi, MD, PhD JAPAN
Denny T. T. Lie, MBBS, FRCS, FAMS SINGAPORE
Albert Lin, MD UNITED STATES
Paulo J. Llinas Hernandez, MD, Prof. COLOMBIA
Eric C. McCarty, MD UNITED STATES
Raffy Mirzayan, MD UNITED STATES
Mary K. Mulcahey, MD UNITED STATES
Pablo A. Narbona, MD ARGENTINA
Andreas Voss, MD GERMANY
Stephen C. Weber, MD UNITED STATES
Ivan Wong, MD, FRCSC, MACM, Dip. Sports Med CANADA
Andreas B. Imhoff, MD, Prof. GERMANY
The following charges are for June 2019 – June 2021.
- Review and grade abstracts for the Biennial ISAKOS Congress related to the Shoulder.
- Develop symposium and ICL proposals for the Biennial ISAKOS Congress related to the Shoulder.
- Prepare and Submit at least two articles for the ISAKOS Newsletter, each calendar year.
- Deadlines: Volume I: December 1 Volume II: June 1
- Determine need, then possibly develop and propose a Book or Booklet based on a topic to be determined at the discretion of the committee for ISAKOS publication.
Journal of ISAKOS
- Provide at least two articles for Journal of ISAKOS annually. Content to be determined in collaboration with JISAKOS Editor, C. Niek van Dijk.
- Serve as article reviewers on an as needed basis for Journal of ISAKOS.
Research & Education
- Determine need, then possibly develop and propose a Research Study, Project or Current Concept meeting on a topic relevant to the body of work of the committee.
- Assist in the management, review and organization of ISAKOS Global Link content related to the Shoulder.
Awards & Fellowships
- Assist in the selection of the winner of the ISAKOS Richard Caspari Award.
- Advance the fulfillment / achievement of the ISAKOS Strategic Plan. Consider with all Committee initiatives, how projects will assist in the accomplishment of the ISAKOS Strategic Plan.
- Quarterly Report to the Board of Directors on activities and accomplishments on charges above due as scheduled.