Elbow, Wrist & Hand Committee
Contribute to the overall education and research activities of ISAKOS as required and requested.
Body of Work: This committee will focus on elbow, wrist and hand basic and clinical science, as well as
pathology, diagnosis and treatment of sports related injuries to these areas.
Chair, Deputy Chair(s), up to 15 members, staff liaison
Luigi A. Pederzini, MD
Toshiyasu Nakamura, MD, PhD
Deputy Chair, 2021-2023
Andrea Celli, MD ITALY
Carina Cohen, PhD BRAZIL
Margaret W. M. Fok, FRCSEd(Ortho), MBChB HONG KONG
Benjamin R. Graves, MD UNITED STATES
Maciej Krzysztof Kentel, MD POLAND
Sang-Hun Ko, MD, Prof. KOREA, REPUBLIC OF
Christian Lozano, MD, MBA PERU
Deepak N. Bhatia, MS(Orth), DNB(Orth) INDIA
The following charges are for June 2019 – June 2021
- Review and grade abstracts for the Biennial ISAKOS Congress related to Elbow, Wrist & Hand.
- Develop symposium and ICL proposals for the Biennial ISAKOS Congress related to Elbow, Wrist & Hand.
- Prepare and Submit at least two articles for the ISAKOS Newsletter, each calendar year.
- Deadlines: Volume I: December 1 Volume II: June 1
- Determine need, then possibly develop and propose a Book or Booklet based on a topic to be determined at the discretion of the committee for ISAKOS publication.
Journal of ISAKOS
- Provide at least two articles for Journal of ISAKOS annually. Content to be determined in collaboration with JISAKOS Editor, C. Niek van Dijk.
- Serve as article reviewers on an as needed basis for Journal of ISAKOS.
Research & Education
- Determine need, then possibly develop and propose a Research Study, Project or Current Concept meeting on a topic relevant to the body of work of the committee.
- Assist in the management, review and organization of ISAKOS Global Link content related to Elbow, Wrist & Hand.
Awards & Fellowships
- Assist in the selection of the winner of the ISAKOS Gary Poehling Award.
- Advance the fulfillment / achievement of the ISAKOS Strategic Plan. Consider with all Committee initiatives, how projects will assist in the accomplishment of the ISAKOS Strategic Plan.
- Quarterly Report to the Board of Directors on activities and accomplishments on charges above due as scheduled.