Hip, Groin & Thigh Committee
Contribute to the overall education and research activities of ISAKOS as required and requested.
Body of Work: This committee will focus on hip problems, including FAI and hip instability, as well as peri-articular
problems, such as sports hernia, adductor injury, psoas and hip abductor problems, along with thigh injuries, such as hamstring strains, quadriceps contusions, femoral neck and shaft stress fractures, and hip
Chair, Deputy Chair(s), up to 15 members, staff liaison
Vikas Khanduja, MA(Cantab), MBBS, MSc, FRCS, FRCS(Orth), PhD
Olufemi R. Ayeni, MD, PhD, MSc, FRCSC
Deputy Chair, 2021-2025
Matthew J. Brick, MBChB, FRACS NEW ZEALAND
Jiwu Chen, MD, PhD CHINA
Leandro Ejnisman, MD, PhD BRAZIL
Rodrigo M. Mardones, MD CHILE
Marc R. Safran, MD, Prof. UNITED STATES
André Sarmento, MD PORTUGAL
Hajime Utsunomiya, MD, PhD JAPAN
Tomas Rafael Vilaseca, MD ARGENTINA
Michael Lee Voight, DHSc, PT, FAPTA UNITED STATES
Per Hölmich, DMSc, Prof. DENMARK
Ehud Rath, Prof. ISRAEL
The following charges are for June 2019 – June 2021.
- Review and grade abstracts for the Biennial ISAKOS Congress related to Hip, Groin and Thigh.
- Develop symposium and ICL proposals for the Biennial ISAKOS Congress related to Hip, Groin and Thigh.
- Prepare and Submit at least two articles for the ISAKOS Newsletter, each calendar year.
- Deadlines: Volume I: December 1 Volume II: June 1
- Determine need, then possibly develop and propose a Book or Booklet based on a topic to be determined at the discretion of the committee for ISAKOS publication.
Journal of ISAKOS
- Provide at least two articles for Journal of ISAKOS annually. Content to be determined in collaboration with JISAKOS Editor, C. Niek van Dijk.
- Serve as article reviewers on an as needed basis for Journal of ISAKOS.
Research & Education
- Determine need, then possibly develop and propose a Research Study, Project or Current Concept meeting on a topic relevant to the body of work of the committee.
- Assist in the management, review and organization of ISAKOS Global Link content related to Hip, Groin and Thigh.
- Advance the fulfillment / achievement of the ISAKOS Strategic Plan. Consider with all Committee initiatives, how projects will assist in the accomplishment of the ISAKOS Strategic Plan.
- Quarterly Report to the Board of Directors on activities and accomplishments on charges above due as scheduled.