Knee: Arthroplasty Committee
Contribute to the overall education and research activities of ISAKOS as required and requested.
Body of Work: This committee is about the treatment of the degenerative knee – focused mainly about arthroplasty and revision arthroplasty.
Chair, Deputy Chair(s), up to 15 members, staff liaison
Myles R. J. Coolican, FRACS
Andrew James Price, DPhil, FRCS(Orth)
Deputy Chair, 2021-2023
Daniel C. Wascher, MD
Deputy Chair, 2021-2023
Claudia Arias, MD PERU
Michael T. Hirschmann, MD, Prof. SWITZERLAND
Magaly Iñiguez, MD CHILE
Francois M. Kelberine, MD FRANCE
Nanne P. Kort, MD, PhD NETHERLANDS
Myung Chul Lee, MD, PhD, Prof. KOREA, REPUBLIC OF
Rodrigo Maestu, MD ARGENTINA
Peter James McEwen, MBBS FRACS(Orth) FAOrthA DIpModLang AUSTRALIA
Philippe Noel Neyret, MD, PhD, Prof. FRANCE
Sam Oussedik, FRCS UNITED KINGDOM
Kevin D. Plancher, MD, MPH UNITED STATES
Jong-Keun Seon, MD, PhD, Prof KOREA, REPUBLIC OF
Willem M. van der Merwe, MBChB, FCS(SA)Ortho SOUTH AFRICA
Christopher J. Vertullo, MBBS, PhD, FRACS(Orth) AUSTRALIA
Stefano Zaffagnini, MD, Prof. ITALY
Sebastien Lustig, MD, PhD FRANCE
The following charges are for June 2019 – June 2021.
- Review and grade abstracts for the Biennial ISAKOS Congress related to Knee Arthroplasty.
- Develop symposium and ICL proposals for the Biennial ISAKOS Congress related to Knee Arthroplasty.
- Prepare and Submit at least two articles for the ISAKOS Newsletter, each calendar year.
- Deadlines: Volume I: December 1 Volume II: June 1
- Determine need, then possibly develop and propose a Book or Booklet based on a topic to be determined at the discretion of the committee for ISAKOS publication.
Journal of ISAKOS
- Provide at least two articles for Journal of ISAKOS annually. Content to be determined in collaboration with JISAKOS Editor, C. Niek van Dijk.
- Serve as article reviewers on an as needed basis for Journal of ISAKOS.
Research & Education
- Determine need, then possibly develop and propose a Research Study, Project or Current Concept meeting on a topic relevant to the body of work of the committee.
- Assist in the management, review and organization of ISAKOS Global Link content related to Knee Arthroplasty.
Awards & Fellowships
- Determine the selection of the winner of the Paolo Aglietti Award for Knee Arthroplasty.
- Determine the selection of the two winners of the Knee Arthroplasty Traveling Fellowship.
- Increase membership with expertise in open knee surgery.
- Ensure inclusion of open knee surgery in educational projects of the committee, particularly knee arthroplasty.
Education & Outreach
- Investigate, propose and develop a knee arthroplasty course as part of a local meeting in a less developed country and make the content of this course available as a resource on Global Link. This will be done in conjunction with the Executive & Education Committees.
- Advance the fulfillment / achievement of the ISAKOS Strategic Plan. Consider with all Committee initiatives, how projects will assist in the accomplishment of the ISAKOS Strategic Plan.
- Quarterly Report to the Board of Directors on activities and accomplishments on charges above due as scheduled.