Site Selection Committee
Maintain a six-year schedule for the future of ISAKOS Congresses ensuring adequate space for a
Chair – Past President, Deputy Chair – Current President, Members – ISAKOS President Line and
Past Presidents, CEO-Executive Director.
Willem M. van der Merwe, MBChB, FCS(SA)Ortho
Guillermo Arce, MD
Deputy Chair, 2021-2023
John A. Bergfeld, MD UNITED STATES
Moises Cohen, MD, PhD, Prof. BRAZIL
João Espregueira-Mendes, MD, PhD PORTUGAL
Peter J. Fowler, MD, FRCSC CANADA
Roland P. Jakob, Professor Emeritus SWITZERLAND
Masahiro Kurosaka, MD JAPAN
Philippe Noel Neyret, MD, PhD, Prof. FRANCE
David A. Parker, MBBS, BMedSc, FRACS AUSTRALIA
Gary G. Poehling, MD UNITED STATES
Sue Reimbold, MA, CAE UNITED STATES
Per A. Renström, MD, PhD SWEDEN
Barry R. Tietjens, FRACS NEW ZEALAND
Marc R. Safran, MD, Prof. UNITED STATES
The following charges are for June 2019 – June 2021
- Evaluate and Select Congress sites for 2025 and 2027 maintaining a six-year schedule for future meetings.
- Rotation of Continents for ISAKOS Congress shall be according to rotation outlined in Bylaws.
- Develop and regularly update key guidelines for successful site selection, including:
- Meeting requirements
- Member expectations
- Geographic Rotation
- Proximity to Existing Members
- Expenses and Revenue Potential
- Maintain an open and transparent selection process, ensuring good communication and relationships with all potential host cities.
- Work closely with the CEO-Executive Director on all site issues and visits. As required, participate in site visits for new host cities.
- Report to the Board of Directors on activities on an annual basis.